Aylard Farm: East Sooke Park
Get that body armour on; don’t forget your compass and decent shoes and be prepared for a challenging set of orienteering courses at East Sooke Park.
Your opportunity to compete in rugged west coast terrain with spectacular views (when you’re not in the salal) and to swim in the ocean when you’re done!
THE BASIC DETAILS
- DATE: Sunday June 24, 2018
- REGISTRATION OPENS: 12:00
- STARTS: 1PM
- COURSE CLOSES: 4PM
- COST: $8/member + $2 to rent an SI stick
Come out a bit early so you can choose the best course for your capabilities.
FOUR courses – with the distances a bit shorter than usual to allow for the rugged terrain. This is a great chance to see if your O-skills are truly improving
- Course 1: about 2 km; suitable for beginners. Course is all on trails or in the open.
- Course 2: about 2.8 km; travel is mostly on trails. Controls are on features that are usually visible from the trail. You may need to go off the trail to find the control.
- Course 3: about 3.5 km; requires traversing some typically rough East Sooke terrain.
- Course 4: about 4.5 km; winning time of about 70 minutes – enough said!
Richard and Claire could use a hand with registration, newcomers and pickup. Leigh will be helping with Sport Ident. If you can help please send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.