Organizer: Tobi Gardner (Event Director)
We are excited to bring you this year's installment of the Determinator Series, running five Wednesday evenings in a row starting May 9.
These events are short and fast and increase in difficulty week by week. Each week, we offer a short course and a Determinator course. Prizes are awarded at the end of each race, and we calculate handicaps every week to even the playing field. The final event in Week 5 is a handicap-adjusted staggered start for a race to the finish to become this year's Determinator.
COST: $8 per map plus $2 for Sport Ident rental. All runners must be members of VICO; you can join at the event.
FORMAT: Determinator races use the goat format, a mass start race where controls must be located in sequential order, but you can choose to skip any one control.
WHEN: May 30 Registration opens at 6:15 and closes at 6:45 pm; mass start at 7:00 pm
WHERE: West Thetis, end of Bellamy Road in Langford
- Compass and whistle mandatory
- Leg protection recommended
- Registration ends at 6:45 pm; Mass start at 7:00 pm sharp
- Course closure at 8:00 pm
- Some nice cross country terrain, along with the usual green and trails
- Keep close to the map; pay attention to the vegetation cover and contours to help guide your way